Monday 28 May 2012

Umbrella Prints Trimmings Competition




So I've finally finished some work for the Umbrella Prints Trimmings Competition, and just in time for the deadline! I bought two packs of the trimmings so I had different options to play with! The first pack was the warm girly pinks and oranges. I've always loved pink but have recently been using a lot of orange in other textile works. I made these creatures as they were fun and a bit different. Some of my other softies that I usually make are more realistic animal shapes like the elephant. (the little elephant prints were so cute I didn't want to cut it up!)  I mixed some other fabrics in to create the creatures, some spots, stripes and plain fabrics from my stash. My kids keep on wanting to play with them but I haven't let them until they were photographed! 







No comments:

Post a Comment